this is a Closed Session for United University Professions at SUNY-Owego.
This disability awareness session is designed to enhance interactions between participants and their colleagues and students with disabilities. It will include:
· an overview of how disability has been viewed in the U.S. over time;
· suggestions for respectful interaction with people with different types of disabilities;
· an overview of Title I - Employment Provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act;
· a discussion of reasonable workplace accommodations;
· and opportunities for participants to think through how information provided applies to their interactions with colleagues and students with disabilities
This informational seminar provides basic information pertaining to the Unemployment Insurance Program and the Workers Compensation Program and their impact on SSDI and SSI using lecture, PowerPoint and opportunity for question and answer. Online polling will be used to test participant knowledge. A preparatory reading assignment will be provided and is required.
Home | About EDI | Contact Us
201 Dolgen Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853-3201
Voice: 607-255-7727 | Fax: 607-255-2763 | TTY: 607-255-2891
Cornell University | ILR School | Employment and Disability Institute